Aviation Headset Connectors
If you are new to aviation headsets, you will notice they are not like the headsets you plug into your computer or phone.
We are going to explain the different types of headset plugs that you will see.
General Aviation (GA) Plugs
LEMO/ "BOSE" / Panel Power / Redel
- Many military aircraft use a "helicopter" style plug. (U-174)
- Many pilots who leave the USAF or US Army will be given their David Clark H10-76 or BOSE Aviation X headset.
- This headset will not work in civilian aircraft.
- The microphones are not compatible.
- When you plug into civil aircraft the speakers will work but you will not be able to speak.
- Military to Civil adapter is available
If you are not sure about which plug to purchase. Please email us at email@example.com or call our customer support at 806-687-1071